CRO (Head of Sales)
Full-time | San Francisco
Augmedix dramatically reduces the burden of doctor documentation mandated under current federal health care regulations by offering an innovative technology-enabled documentation platform. The core service is a remote scribe technology, enabled by Google Glass and/or IoT devices, which aims to help doctors manage the voluminous charting and documentation required during patient visits. Augmedix is on a mission to address the largest pain-point in the US healthcare system – the burden of documentation. We are the recognized leader in our space and our mantra is to deliver the highest quality notes (accurate, comprehensive and timely) to our customers so that they can focus on what they do best – patient care.
The Augmedix service relieves doctors from 7-15 hours per week of documentation time, enabling them to see more patients and spend more time with their existing patients. Our service’s benefits include increased doctor satisfaction, improved patient experience, higher quality patient notes, and timely note completion.
In 2016, Augmedix was awarded the “Most Innovative Healthcare Company in the world” title by Fast Company. In 2017, the World Economic Forum pronounced Augmedix a “2017 Technology Pioneer”. Augmedix has partnered with more than a dozen tier-1 national health care systems, with happy users from Alaska to Florida, serving tens of thousands of patients each month.
About the role:
The Chief Revenue Officer is responsible for all facets of the company’s revenue generation. This includes leading a growing sales organization, creating and implementing an appropriate sales and account management strategy to help the company achieve its ambitious growth targets, establishing strong rapport with executives of the company’s existing customer base, actively hunting for new enterprise accounts, supporting the activities of the sales team, closely coordinating sales activities with operations to ensure proper alignment between supply and demand, and partnering with the CEO in fund raising activities. Developing a keen understanding of the competitive landscape to help ensure the company is appropriately positioned is essential.
Duties & Responsibilities
- EXECUTIVE LEADERSHIP – Be a key leader in the continued development and implementation of a robust sales and business strategy. Lead by example with irreproachable ethical standards, highest integrity and great enthusiasm about the business. Ensure strong governance with the business unit and rigorous compliance with regulatory and company policies.
- TEAM DEVELOPMENT – Provide leadership on organizational development including developing the top leaders of the organization, allocating appropriate time to build bench strength around the foundation in place and instilling a hiring practice based on hiring only top talent. Promote the Augmedix culture by conveying a high degree of emotional intelligence and by fostering an atmosphere of open communication, collaboration and healthy debate on key issues.
- OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE – Comfortable setting company’s aggressive sales targets and track and periodically assess team performance against targets. Has a deep understanding of enterprise sales and is able to help guide the sales team in account strategy and tactics. Understands the unique compliance and information security constraints that impact big data businesses in sensitive enterprise contexts.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 10+ years of progressive sales leadership experience working effectively with distributed sales teams, consistently growing revenue in the high double digits, and enterprise technology enabled services
- Proven people management skills for a large and diverse workforce - ability to be strategic, proactive and a visionary in attracting and developing top sales talent.
- Identifies and develops leaders who can best meet the long term needs of the business.
- Experience as a strategic partner who can provide strong sales management skills. Able to translate short and long term strategic direction into discrete, well-structured actions.
- Solid planning, organizational and sales management skills with the ability to multi-task and assimilate new information quickly.
- Ability to actively promote and build cross functional partnerships across departments and/or functions.
- Experience in strategically scaling sales teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport across the company while quickly and confidently gaining respect of others.
- Must be aligned with the values of the organization, which include setting a clear example in a culture that supports professionalism, collaboration, and getting results.
- Must excel in an entrepreneurial environment. A collaborative yet competitive, resilient attitude with a strong work ethic is desired.
- Superior listening and probing skills.
- Emotionally intelligent, low ego, a frequent mentor.
- Absolute integrity and self-confidence.
- Excellent negotiation and communications skills and strong business acumen required.
- Customer-service oriented with a high level of character.
- Resides no more than a 45-min drive from the Augmedix Global HQ.
- Ability to scope up and down