Head of IT and Infrastructure
Full-time | San Francisco
Augmedix is a digital healthcare Glass-based automation platform powered by human experts and software that frees physicians from computer work and allows them to focus on what matters most: patient care. Augmedix serves 12 of the nation's leading health systems across most clinic-based specialties with an average physician productivity increase of 30%.
About the role:
The Head of IT and Infrastructure role will focus on building and maintaining IT Operations, Augmedix IT infrastructure, and customer IT infrastructure.
- OPERATIONAL EXPERTISE – Drive initiatives to improve operational effectiveness as measured by quality, physician satisfaction, patient satisfaction and ROI for customer as well as meeting budget and business goals by department. Main areas of focus are: Internal IT / network infrastructure: Realtime uptime, data security, compliance, documentation and security, metrics and analytics to assess internal performance. External (customer facing) IT / network infrastructure: sales team support (provide technical assistance and information), wifi audits and VPN and EHR (Electronic Health Record) setup to support implementations, documentation and analytics for customers.
- EXECUTIVE LEADERSHIP – Be a key leader in the continued development and implementation of a robust strategy. Lead by example with un-reproachable ethical standards, highest integrity and great enthusiasm about the business. Have a strong influence on all aspects of the company, particularly Product, Sales, Marketing, Compliance, Legal, R&D, and Analytics.
- TEAM DEVELOPMENT – Provide global leadership on organizational development including developing the top leaders of the organization, allocating appropriate time to build bench strength around the foundation in place and instilling a hiring practice based on hiring only top talent. Promote the Augmedix culture by conveying a high degree of emotional intelligence and by fostering an atmosphere of open communication, collaboration and debate on key issues.
- FINANCIAL OVERSIGHT – Drive the profitability of Augmedix to ensure meeting short-term objectives and long-term growth plans. This includes working with the CEO to effectively deploy capital, and manage cash and liabilities effectively.
- 5-7 years of experience being responsible for all IT-related tasks and areas in an organization
- Has managed Wifi audits and ideally has field-based Wifi experience
- Experience leading a large geographically-distributed team.
- Experience working on enterprise customer-facing IT projects
- Places a significant importance on system uptime; is constantly looking for improvement opportunities Is forward-thinking; understands new technologies and architectures and is willing to add/incorporate new technologies
- Experience dealing with a cloud-based infrastructure.
- A solid manager; is resourceful and strategic and is able to get the best out of his/her team
- Is security-conscious; understands the security requirements with regards to working with sensitive data and information and how to best protect the data