Software Engineer (Web Full-Stack)
Full-time | San Francisco
Augmedix is a health care services technology platform deployed across the US with many of the nation’s largest health systems. Our mission is to rehumanize the clinician-patient interaction by allowing our clinicians to fully focus on patients. We provide remote, technology-enabled, real-time EHR scribing and productivity services to outpatient clinicians. Our service saves users more than 10 hours a week and increases clinical efficiency by 40%.
Job Responsibilities (Included but not limited to):
- Work with a team of engineers to build high quality, scalable web applications following best practices
- Design and implement user-facing features working closely with Product and Design teams to create delightful experiences
- Drive operational feasibility and technical estimations of projects/sprints/tasks by collaborating with product managers, engineering leads, engineering managers etc.
- Investigate problem areas to provide creative, innovative and effective technical solutions on live products and services
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and new libraries
- Communicate regularly with the head of software development, development managers, product managers, designers and devops engineers to stay up to date with what is going on
- Communicate with offshore development and testing team on a regular basis
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Humility and "learn and do anything to get things done" attitude.
- Experience working with Relational Database (e.g. MySQL) and Object-Relational Mapping technology (e.g. JPA/Hibernate).
- Working knowledge of code versioning tools (e.g. Git).
- Experience in Agile/Scrum or working in highly dynamic and changing environment.
- Experience with writing unit and integration tests for front and back-end code
Nice to Haves:
- Exposure to Android native app development.
- Knowledge of OWASP security best practices.
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience in CI/CD automation.
- Knowledge of public cloud (e.g. AWS, Azure).
- Experience in SQL query optimization.
- Knowledge of Service-Oriented-Architecture.
- Knowledge of microservices architecture.