Lead QA Engineer
Full-time | San Francisco
Augmedix is a health care services technology platform deployed in over 30 states with many of the nation’s largest health systems. Our mission is to rehumanize the doctor-patient interaction. We provide remote, real-time EHR scribing and productivity services to doctors. Our service saves clinicians more than 10 hours a week and increases clinical efficiency by 40%.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced QA Lead to join our growing Product Development organization. This hire will be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining test strategies and quality assurance processes at Augmedix. The ideal candidate is experienced in defining and implementing QA strategy within their organization. The QA Lead will support Product Management and Engineering teams to execute testing strategies in a timely manner, and ensure products meet quality standards on an ongoing basis. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the QA needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing, or even re-designing our company’s QA processes to support our next generation of products and initiatives.
- Manage a global team of QA engineers
- Represent QA in strategic leadership discussions
- Define quality standards and metrics for existing and new projects/products
- Work closely with stakeholders and leadership to ensure quality metrics are reviewed and agreed upon
- Create milestones and checkpoints to assess product quality on a regular basis
- Propose and implement appropriate testing strategies, validation processes and tools to facilitate continuous improvement
- Ensure all development tasks meet quality criteria through test planning, test execution, quality assurance and issue tracking.
- Develop a strategy and framework to ensure effective focus on both automated and manual testing
- Establish processes for test plan review, and ensure test plans are reviewed by all stakeholders
- Regularly review test strategies to ensure appropriate coverage and implementation
- Collaborate closely with product, design and engineering teams to ensure consistent project execution
- Assist teams with calculation of relevant risks associated with projects
- Create strategies to mitigate risk, and work with stakeholders to effectively control risks
Defining quality metrics:
Defining test strategies:
- 4+ years experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer (at least 2 years experience leading a team)
- Experience with a variety of different testing techniques such as UI testing, automated testing, test driven development strategies, etc.
- Experience with software QA tools and processes e.g. TestRail
- Experience with UI/UX automation tools e.g. Selenium (Appium, WebDriver), Serenity BDD, Protractor etc.
- Experience in load testing, performance testing, and stress testing servers and applications using tools like Artillery, jMeter/BlazeMeter etc.
- Experience working with distributed product development teams
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience in supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Successful history building and implementing test strategies to create high quality products
- Proven track record of being a team player and demonstrating willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills