Head of People Operations
Full-time | San Francisco
Augmedix is a health care services technology platform deployed in 40 states with many of the nation’s largest health systems. Our mission is to rehumanize the clinician-patient interaction by allowing our clinicians to fully focus on patients. We provide remote, technology-enabled, real-time EHR scribing and productivity services to outpatient clinicians. Our service saves users more than 10 hours a week and increases clinical efficiency by 40%.
About the Team:
The People Operations team spans the globe, with our leadership efforts located in San Francisco and our high volume, high growth hiring efforts located in Bangladesh. People Operations includes developing growth paths throughout the organization, nurturing relationships with internal stakeholders, and supporting our employer branding strategies globally. Truly, People Operations works with every department in the org, going beyond traditional human resources to create a vibrant culture that promotes individual growth and positive collaboration.
The Global People Operations team strives to create and deliver a seamless and positive employee experience across the entire employee lifecycle. Leading with care and empathy, we develop efficient and simple people processes, systems, policies, and programs. People Operations also ensures we remain protected and compliant. We strive to ensure employees feel heard and are provided the resources and support they need throughout their careers.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Head of People Operations who will work with our executive team to design and execute a people strategy and long-term vision for growing our team while maintaining and strengthening our committed, collaborative, high performance culture. As the Head of People, you’ll be reporting directly to the CEO, providing counsel, developing roadmaps, and executing on key people-related programs including recruiting, onboarding, cultural initiatives, engagement and retention, performance management, career development, and human resources. We’re looking for someone with significant experience with all aspects of people operations and HR strategy but who also has an entrepreneurial spirit.
Responsibilities (Included but not limited to):
- Develop our team; identify opportunities to create, implement, and standardize manager and employee coaching and training to build the next generation of leaders
- Own applicant-facing management of our brand on and off platform including our careers page as well as platforms such as LinkedIn, Glassdoor, etc.
- Strengthen our culture; work with the management team to organize and execute team-building events and keep company culture top of mind
- Create and expand on HR tools and processes, advise the executive team on employment laws, benefits options, compensation strategies, etc.
- Measure the success of people processes; create and maintain KPI and operational metrics for recruiting efficacy, employee satisfaction and retention, etc.
- Dive in and get your hands dirty; while you’re building the people team, you’ll support hiring managers with recruiting and assist with human resource duties as needed
- Build and manage a team of HR and recruiting experts in San Francisco and our office in Bangladesh
- Be the source of truth and owner for all people operations including but not limited to: Hiring, Human Resources, employment laws, on-boarding/off-boarding processes, and other people operations functions
- 7+ years of experience with all aspects of people operations and HR strategy; career history showing roles of increasing scope and responsibility for people and strategy
- 2+ years experience managing a growing team (Experience managing a remote team is a plus)
- 2+ years experience managing hiring processes for entry level through executive positions
- Able to travel abroad up to 2 times per year to Bangladesh and India
- Experience budgeting for people operations initiatives, tools, etc.
- Demonstrated success owning all aspects of people operations and HR strategy; ability to create and execute a compelling vision for everything under the people function
- Entrepreneurial drive; you’re here to build a team, but you won’t be successful if you’re not willing to dive in and do a lot of things yourself while you’re ramping up
- Demonstrated achievement recruiting, hiring, and building culture at scale; you need to have experience in a people leadership role at a company with 200+ employees
- The credibility, presence, and communication skills to be an influential business partner and coach to executive teams and maintain effective relationships with staff at all levels
- Experience with HR operations including employment law and best practices, industry compensation and benefits, and HR systems and tools (Lever, PreCheck, Zenefits, ADP, etc.)