Mobile Device Management Engineer
Full-time | San Francisco
Augmedix is a health care services technology platform deployed in over 30 states with many of the nation’s largest health systems. Our mission is to rehumanize the doctor-patient interaction. We provide remote, real-time EHR scribing and productivity services to doctors. Our service saves clinicians more than 10 hours per week, and increases clinical efficiency by 40%.
About the role:
The Mobile Device Management Engineer's role is to plan, organize, and manage the enterprise mobile device deployments and testing for Augmedix. This position is responsible to design and engineer solutions for mobile devices centered in cloud infrastructure that support the mobile environment. Components include the Operating System, Application Delivery, Remote Access, Management, and system security of all android mobile devices, cell phones and Google Glass. This role includes development of end user and support documentation, training, and inventory for all mobile devices deployed by Augmedix. Responsibilities will also include various vendor management activities.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Responsible for automation and process improvement of the current mobile environment focused on processes for inventory of existing assets, tracking of newly purchased assets, patching, application deployments, and central management.
- Responsible for the management and maintenance of enterprise Mobile Device Management platforms, such as VMWare Airwatch.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the central management of configurations for Android and IoT devices
- Establish corporate endpoint standards for Android and IoT devices
- Collaborate with IT and Product teams to develop mobile device standards that meet organizational needs.
- Provide subject matter expertise for architecture roadmaps and planning as it relates to mobile devices and associated support technologies.
- Research emerging technology and evaluate for company use as part of project work
- Serve as Level 3 Support for escalation of mobile device issues
- Manage, maintain, and create standard profiles and application groups for all mobile devices.
- Create and maintain process and procedures including but not limited to:
- OS & Hardware Refresh Lifecycle
- Preparation/Configuration Process
- Asset Management Process
- Usage Policies
- Support documentation
- Manage applications essential to business functions (e.g. Airwatch, Freshservice, etc)
- Work with the IT, Engineering, and Operations teams to implement, design, and perform configuration changes.
- The document, manage and maintain a list of vendor escalation contacts and the escalation process
- Any other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years working experience and proficiency with mobile devices in a large enterprise;
- Minimum of 3 years working experience and proficiency with managing the Airwatch Mobile Device Management platform;
- Thorough knowledge of Android devices;
- Possesses excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office;