Full-time | San Francisco
Augmedix dramatically reduces the burden of doctor documentation mandated under current federal health care regulations by offering an innovative technology-enabled documentation platform. The core product is a remote scribe technology, enabled by Google Glass and/or IoT devices, which aims to help doctors manage the voluminous charting and documentation required during patient visits. Augmedix is on a mission to re-humanize the doctor-patient relationship, and address the largest pain-point in the US healthcare system – the burden of documentation.
The Augmedix service relieves doctors from 7-15 hours per week of documentationtime, enabling them to see more patients and spend more time with their existing patients. Our service’s benefits include increased doctor satisfaction, improved patient experience, higher quality patient notes, and timely note completion.
In 2016, Augmedix was awarded the “Most Innovative Healthcare Company in the world” title by Fast Company. In 2017, the World Economic Forum pronounced Augmedix as a “2017 Technology Pioneer”. Augmedix has partnered with more than a dozen tier-1 national health systems, with happy users from Alaska to Florida, serving tens of thousands of patients each month.
About the CTO position
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Technology Officer is responsible for the rapid development and implementation of comprehensive programs, initiatives, and strategies to ensure the company’s technology platform is at all times current, robust and scalable. Directs and coordinates all Technology and Product functions worldwide.
This leader is responsible for establishing the vision for the company’s technology roadmap and planning, implementing and leading the technical initiatives required to realize that vision. The principal end goals are to utilize technology to maximize customer satisfaction in a resource-efficient and cost-effective manner. Ability to manage and inspire a cross-culturally integrated team and establish effective communication and workflow between the local and remote teams is essential. Must anticipate and proactively address risks, weak spots and bottlenecks.
Duties and responsibilities
- EXECUTIVE LEADERSHIP – Be a key leader in the continued development and implementation of a robust strategy. Lead by example with irreproachable ethical standards, highest integrity and great enthusiasm about the business. Ensure strong governance with the business unit and rigorous compliance with regulatory and company policies.
- TEAM DEVELOPMENT – Provide leadership on organizational development including developing the top leaders of the organization, allocating appropriate time to build bench strength around the foundation in place and instilling a hiring practice based on hiring only top talent. Promote the Augmedix culture by conveying a high degree of emotional intelligence and by fostering an atmosphere of open communication, collaboration and healthy debate on key issues.
- TECHNOLOGICAL EXCELLENCE – Comfortable setting company’s technical and architectural vision and able to set appropriate technological metrics to quantify and track team performance to execute on that vision. Has a deep understanding of leading-edge engineering trends as they pertain to: enterprise software, Android development for phones/IoT/smartglass, web, AI/ML, and wireless networking. Is able to credibly engage in co-creation and technology-driven business development with top-4 global technology companies, at the highest levels. Understands the unique compliance and information security constraints that impact big data businesses in sensitive enterprise contexts. Establish technology/product strategy, policy and tactics that align with the needs of an expanding global healthcare IT business. Anticipates and gets ahead of market trends.
- OPERATIONAL EXPERTISE – Establishes rigorous Agile development environment to ensure iterative and timely delivery on roadmap targets. Implements processes and procedures to ensure maximum efficiency and utilization of all available product and engineering resources.
- Minimum of 10+ years of progressive engineering leadership experience, including managing product managers, managing a team global team of 40+ (including offshore teams), and managing enterprise technology enabled services
- Proven people management skills for a large and diverse workforce - ability to be strategic, proactive and a visionary in attracting and developing top technical and product talent.
- Identifies and develops leaders who can best meet the long term needs of the business.
- Experience as a strategic partner who can provide strong technical management skills. Able to translate short and long term strategic direction into discrete, well-structured actions.
- Solid planning, organizational and project management skills with the ability to multi-task and assimilate new information quickly.
- Ability to actively promote and build cross functional partnerships across departments and/or functions.
- Experience in strategically scaling products and technology platforms on the cloud.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport across the company while quickly and confidently gaining respect of others.
- Must be aligned with the values of the organization, which include setting a clear example in a culture that supports professionalism, collaboration, and getting results.
- Must excel in an entrepreneurial environment. A collaborative yet competitive, resilient attitude with a strong work ethic is desired.
- Superior listening and probing skills.
- Emotionally intelligent, low ego, a frequent mentor.
- Absolute integrity and self-confidence.
- Excellent negotiation and communications skills and strong business acumen required.
- Customer-service oriented with a high level of character.
- Resides no more than a 45-min drive from the Augmedix Global HQ.
- Ability to scope up and down, from a BOD/CEO level to down-and-dirty technical decision-making, with ease, and between customer-product-engineering.